Family fun for whenever
• Catch the animated movie Free Birds(PG, 2013) on Friday, Nov. 10, at 3:30 p.m. at all three Chunky’s Cinema Pubs (707 Huse Road, Manchester; 151 Coliseum Ave., Nashua; 150 Bridge St., Pelham, chunkys.com) as part of a “Little Lunch Date” screening. Admission is free but reserve a seat with a $5 food voucher.
• At the Children’s Museum of New Hampshire (6 Washington St. in Dover; childrens-museum.com) the “Visiting Mexican Artists Program: The Dancing Chickens of Ventura Fabian” will take place Friday, Nov. 10, at 10:30 a.m. (during the morning 9 a.m. to noon session) and feature Oaxacan wood carver Norberto Fabian, son of the late master carver Ventura Fabian, according to a press release. Norberto Fabian will share his wood pieces that celebrate Mexican folk art and culture, conduct a demonstration and answer questions, the release said. Admission costs $12.50 per person ($10.50 for 65+); purchase reservations online.
In other animal news at the museum, the Service Credit Union Money Mammals’ Joe the Monkey will visit on Saturday, Nov. 11, at 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. The program will include the reading of a book that promotes financial literacy alongside a costumed Joe the Monkey, according to the museum’s website.
And save the date for some fish-ertainment. As part of the museum’s Family Literacy Month programing, the Pout Pout Fish will be on hand to meet fans on Friday, Nov. 17, at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 18, at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
• See the tale as old as time when the Peacock Players (14 Court St., Nashua, peacockplayers.org) youth theater company presents Beauty and the Beast Friday, Nov. 10, through Sunday, Nov. 19, at their home theater, the Janice B. Street Theatre. Showtimes are on Friday at 7 p.m., Saturday at 2 and 7 p.m., and Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets cost $15 to $18 for adults, $12 to $15 for seniors and students.
• The Palace Youth Theatre presents The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, The Musical featuring student actors in grades 2 through 12 on Wednesday, Nov. 15, and Thursday, Nov. 16, at 7 p.m. at the Rex Theatre (23 Amherst St. in Manchester; palacetheatre.org, 668-5588). Tickets cost $12 for ages 6 to 12 and $15 for adults.
• The curtain rises on the Seacoast Repertory Theatre’s (125 Bow St. in Portsmouth; 433-4472, seacoastrep.org) presentation of Matilda, the musical based on the Roald Dahl book, Thursday, Nov. 9, through Saturday, Dec. 23, with showtimes most Thursdays at 7:30 p.m., Fridays at 8 p.m., Saturdays at 2 & 8 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m. plus Wednesday, Nov. 15, at 7:30 p.m. Tickets cost $35 to $60.